GCO is a professional conference organizer, dedicated to mutually beneficial partnerships for our clients within the life sciences industry. Our mission is to provide our clients with the best advice, expertise and service in the strategic and logistical management of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. Through doing this, we enable them in successfully achieve their communications and commercial objectives.
We are proud of our passionate and highly skilled staff (20+ nationalities) and being ‘multi-culture capable’ of getting the job done. GCO maximizes value creation for her clients by operating fully transparent. We manage expectations and tailor each program to support our clients’ objectives. Strong project management and solid financial control lead to full transparency, eliminating all hidden costs including VAT, commissions, and kick-backs and reducing clients’ internal costs by working seamlessly integrated with their SOPs and reporting requirements. Pharmaceutical compliance control requirements and mandatory reporting (e.g. Sunshine Act, EFPIA) are fully supported by GCO.
The responsibility of a Project Manager is to organize and take full responsibility for independently leading and organizing multiple and complex projects simultaneously. The Project Manager manages all aspects of conference and meeting preparation and presentation to ensure delivery of high quality meeting solutions to clients within the timescales, quality and financial standards. The Project Manager is also responsible for leading and coaching the team consisting of Project Coordinators, Project Manager Trainees and Onsite staff. The Project Manager is continuously focusing on innovation and process improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for profitability of projects, productivity and performance of assigned staff;
- Manage, monitor and motivate project team members;
- Manage client/stakeholder relationships, advise and manage expectations;
- Work closely with the client to translate project requirements into deliverables, supplier needs, planning of human resources, a budget and a work plan for the project;
- Estimate, plan and manage projects from start to finish and ensure project delivery on time and within budget;
- Monitor and control the financial process during projects and proactively inform involved parties when changes occur;
- Ensure projects adhere to the principles and codes of corporate governance and compliance;
- Compile and analyze financial and project evaluation reports;
- Innovate and improve work flows and processes;
- Other duties, as requested.
Skills & Experience
- A graduate preferably with a hospitality related/event management degree or similar;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in a Project Manager role within the hospitality, pharmaceutical or event management sector;
- Proven track record of successful project implementation (in event management) with experience of coordinating the whole project from the initial conceptual design stage through to delivery; including logistical, financial and on-site management;
- A team player who is proactive with a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Experience in managing diverse cultural teams; manage, monitor and motivate cross functional project teams;
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other language (French/Spanish);
- Skills in financial management and financial planning;
- PC literate and adept at using MS Office;
- Fully eligible and willing to travel internationally, including during weekends and public holidays.
As part of our team you can benefit from the following:
- Annual appraisal and individual personal development program;
- Travel insurance (worldwide);
- Paid Holidays – Employees enjoy 25 days per year (pro rata);
- Company Pension scheme;
- Dynamic organization;
- 8% Holiday Allowance (annually);
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- International working environment with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.