GCO is seeking a full-time Project Manager (Event Management) to expand the operational teams.
The responsibility of a Project Manager is to organise and take full responsibility for independently leading and organising multiple and complex (events) projects simultaneously. The Project Manager manages all aspects of conference and meeting preparations and presentation to ensure delivery of best in class meeting solutions to clients within the timescales, quality and financial standards. The Project Manager is also responsible for leading and coaching the team consisting of Project Administrators / Project Coordinators, Project Manager Trainees and Onsite staff. The Project Manager is continuously focusing on innovation and process improvements. The Project Manager reports directly to the Team Lead and provides support to manage client relations and develop existing accounts or acquire new accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for profitability of projects to the benefit of GCO, productivity and performance of assigned staff;
- Manage client relations and support the development of existing and/or new accounts;
- Work closely with the clients to translate project requirements into deliverables, supplier needs, planning of resources, a budget and a work plan for the project;
- Advise clients and manage clients’ expectations;
- Estimate, plan and manage projects from start to finish and ensure project delivery on time and within budget;
- Monitor and control financial process during projects and proactively inform involved parties in case of changes;
- Ensure projects adhere to the principles and codes of corporate governance and compliance;
- Manage, monitor and motivate project team members assigned to a project;
- Compile and analyse financial and project evaluation reports;
- Innovate and improve work flows;
Any other duties, as required from time to time.
Skills & Experience:
- A graduate preferably with a hospitality related degree or similar level of education;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a Project Manager position preferably within the hospitality or event management sector;
- A proven track record of successful project implementation with experience of coordinating the whole project from the initial conceptual design stage through to delivery; including logistical, financial and on-site management;
- A team player who is proactive with a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Experience in people management; manage, monitor and motivate cross functional project teams;
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills with fluency in English and at least 1 other language (Spanish/Italian);
- Skills in financial management and financial planning;
- Fully eligible and willing to travel internationally, including during weekends and public holidays.
As part of our team you can benefit from the following:
- Regular coaching and performance feedback;
- Personal Development Plan;
- Travel insurance (worldwide);
- Paid Holidays – Employees enjoy 25 days per year;
- 8% Holiday Allowance (annually);
- Daily commuting allowance will be reimbursed;
- Company Pension scheme;
- Daily office lunch;
- International working environment with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds (20+ nationalities);
- Competitive salary based on experience.